Toni's chicken & vegetable soup
All I want to eat right now is soup so here is my personal recipe for the yummiest Vegetable soup. Perfect for these cooler months. Tried and tested in my family. Our Mr. Lid containers are the perfect match for storing your soup ready for reheating when you need some comfort.
Cheers Toni xo
Chicken & Vegetable soup
1 spray organic cooking spray
1 large onion, chopped
3 gloves garlic, minced
2 small capsicum, finely chopped
2 med stalks celery chopped
3 med carrots chopped
2 small potatoes (or turnip)
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
2 canned tomato (no salt added) chopped
2 cans tinned lentils (rinsed)
1 chicken breast (sliced into quarters)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
1. Heat large heavy bottomed stock pot over med heat, lightly spritzed with organic cooking spray
2. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden brown and soft stirring regularly
3. Add all other ingredients stir and bring to a boil.
4. Add chicken and simmer for 20 mins.
5. Removed chicken pieces and shread it. Return to soup.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, remove bay leaf before serving.
7. Serve hot
8. Place left over soup in our Mr. Lid Premium 4 cup to refrigerate or freeze.
Just Click this link to Get Started with your Mr. Lid collection